Audio and Podcasts
Uploading your Audio
You need to use a third-party audio hosting service to store and serve your audio or podcast. These services are built specifically for serving high quality audio, and their accounts are free. Start by creating an account and uploading audio to an audio-hosting site. Soundcloud.com is the most popular option, though there are others.
Copying the Embed Code of your Audio/Video
After you have uploaded your audio to an online audio service, locate and copy the embed code for the service’s audio player. Each provider will have code that looks slightly different. Here’s an example of Soundcloud embed code: <iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/194674830&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true"></iframe>
Adding Audio to a Story
- While adding/editing a story, place your cursor in the place you’d like the audio to go. Usually, it works best to press enter, giving the audio it’s own line in the text editing box.
- Click the SNO Add Story Element button above the text editing window.
- A pop-up window will give you all of the different options story elements, click the button for Audio Clip.
- Complete the form.
- Click the Insert button.
- A line of short code will now show up in your story.
- Click Update/Publish and go to view the story to see how your story page looks.