If you've purchased the SNO Sites Email Accounts add-on, you can add up to 50 email addresses to your site for access with your domain (email@example.com).
Once you've filled out the add-on order form, follow the steps below:
Requesting Email Addresses
Submit a support ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email address(es) you'd like to add along with any personal email addresses you'd like your SNO email to be forwarded to. We'll set up each account and provide you with a password, which you can change after you login via the user's Password and Security menu option.
How to Access Your Email
To access your site's email account inbox, simply add "webmail" to the end of your site's URL. For example: http://www.mywebsite.com/webmail. You'll then be asked to login. Use your entire email address as your username and type in your password.
The first step will be to set your preferred mailbox template default. We recommend choosing the second option, Roundcube. After that, start exploring the functions of your new mailbox to start using it!
How to Setup Forwarding
To setup forwarding, follow the steps below:
- Login to your SNO email platform by typing in your web address followed by /webmail (e.g. mydomain.com/webmail). *Your username is your full email address.
- Click the menu at the top right, indicated by your email address.
- Select Email Filters. *Do not select Forwarders.
- On the next page, click Create New Filter.
- Under Filter Name, type "Forward and Delete".
- Under Rules change the first row to "Any Header" and "contains".
- Type in your SNO email address in the box below.
- Under Actions, change the dropdown to "Redirect to email".
- In the box below, type the email address you want to forward to.
- Click Create and your done!
*By default, when email forwarding is setup emails at your SNO site's email inbox will be automatically deleted and they will only land in your forwarded account.
How to Send Email from a Forwarded Email Address
To send from your SNO site email address via your forwarded email address follow the steps below (these steps are for Gmail, but you can follow a similar process in any email provider):
Step 1: Add an address you own
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings Settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import or Accounts tab.
- In the "Send mail as" section, click Add another email address.
- Enter your name and the address you want to send from.
- Click Next Step.
- Enter the SMTP server (mail.yourwebsite.com) and the username and password on that account.
- Click Add Account.
Step 2: Confirm the address
- Sign in to the account you added.
- Open the confirmation message you got from Gmail.
- Click the link.
Step 3: Change the "From" address
- In the message, click the "From" line.
(If you don't see this, click the space next to the recipient's email.)
- Select the address to send from.